Posts Tagged ‘grand bahama glof’
Grand Bahama Island has a reputation for golf. Our Lucaya, the island’s eminent golf resort, was ranked in the top 100 golf destinations in the world by The Golfer magazine. The island has one other notable golfing credential: it has more courses than any other Bahaman island.
The award-winning Our Lucaya Beach and Golf Resort boasts two elite courses: Our Lucaya, designed by Dick Wilson; and Reef Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. The courses have been acclaimed by professional and recreational golfers alike, and offer challenging sessions in stunning locations.
Here are some quick reviews of the Islands most popular golf courses:
- Our Lucayan course spreads over 6,824 acres, with tree-lined doglegs and elevated tropical greens predominating. The Reef Course is played with water off 3 holes.
- The Ruby and Emerald courses at Bahamia Resort, near Freeport, are 18-hole, par 72 courses. Originally designed by Dick Wilson and Joe Lee in 1964, the courses were recently redesigned by Jim Fazio Golf Design. An investment of $6 million in upgrades and renovations has resulted in a course that tests endurance and skill.
- The Ruby stretches and winds over 7,000 yards. The Emerald, a 6,800-yard tree-lined course, boasts vast fairways and breathtaking views.
- Fortune Hills is a high-end golf and country club. It sprawls across 17 acres and was built in 1971. It’s a Championship 9-hole course offers challenging holes on some of the most elevated greens in The Bahamas. The number one handicap hole is the par 4 third, a 400-yard layout. It is the only water hole on the nine-hole course and has the smallest green.
Whether for pleasure or a challenging golfing trip, Grand Bahama has plenty to offer the golfer. Please check out our website for information about our Bahamas condo or Bahamas vacation rentals, or our elite Bahamas property.
- Upcoming Events for children on Grand Bahama Island
- Eating out on Grand Bahama
- Grand Bahama Island Sailing Regatta “Champion of the Seas”
- Grand Bahama Junkaroo Festival
- Golf in Grand Bahama
- Niche Tourism in the Bahamas
- Luxury is Grand Bahama
- Bahamas – The Fairytale Wedding Location
- Make music in the Bahamas
- Grand Bahama: Where peace comes dropping slow